LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
Whip up a new dish for your family with the Herald-Guide’s Recipe of the Week.
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.