Spicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
Whip up a new dish for your family with the Herald-Guide’s Recipe of the Week.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don’t scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.