- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 ounces turkey kielbasa, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup red or brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1 package (5 ounces) baby spinach leaves
Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir three minutes. Add kielbasa; cook and stir three minutes longer or until kielbasa is lightly browned and vegetables are softened. Stir in thyme, garlic powder, paprika and red pepper; cook and stir two minutes or until fragrant.
Stir in broth, tomatoes and lentils. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Stir in spinach. Simmer until wilted. Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
Yield: 8 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Courtesy of Family Features