- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen okra cut, thawed
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cut into strips (tenders)
- 12 ounces fully cooked Cajun-style andouille sausage or smoked turkey sausage
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley Original Ranch Light Dressing
Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling hot.
Add onion, bell pepper and okra; cook and stir until crisply tender.
Remove and set aside.
Add the other teaspoon of oil and heat; add chicken tenders and stir-fry about five minutes until lightly browned.
Return vegetables to skillet with chicken and stir in sausage and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in rice and dressing; continue cooking until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is thoroughly heated.
Tip: The next day, wrap leftover jambalaya in a whole wheat or veggie tortilla for a special brown bag lunch.
Yield: Makes 4 (2 cup) servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Courtesy of Family Features