- 4 steaks – Filet Mignon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Red Velvet Demi Glace (directions below)
Preheat grill on high.
Blot steaks dry with a clean paper towel.
Brush steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill steaks to desired done-ness while searing the outside.
Ladle a small amount of Red Velvet Demi Glace onto the serving plate.
Place the steak on the Demi Glace then ladle a thin ribbon of additional Demi Glace over the steak.
Red Velvet Demi Glace:
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Demi Glace (can be found in most grocery stores)
Heat olive oil in sauté pan. Add shallots and garlic, sauté until transparent.
Add Cabernet Sauvignon and balsamic vinegar to pan, reducing liquids by 2/3.
Add Demi Glace to pan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
Yield: 4 servings
Courtesy of Family Features