- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (about 1 ounce) fajita seasoning mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 12 corn tortillas (5-to 6- inch)
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Stir cheese soup, milk and half the fajita seasoning in medium bowl until mixture is smooth.
Cook beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir mushroom soup, water, chili powder, oregano and remaining fajita seasoning in skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart shallow baking dish, overlapping slightly. Spread 1 cup beef mixture over the tortillas. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas. Spread the cheese soup mixture over the tortillas.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the tomatoes and onions, if desired.
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Stand: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Courtesy of Family Features
Be the first to comment