- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork butt, cut to 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons original Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 3 cups butternut squash chunks
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, each cut in half
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
Combine flour and salt in a bowl; add pork pieces. Toss to coat well.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork pieces in batches until well browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining pork.
Remove pork to slow cooker. Add onion, apple cider, chicken broth, parsley and Tabasco sauce.
Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours or cook on LOW 4 hours. Stir in squash, Brussels sprouts and apple.
Cover and cook 2 hours longer, stirring occasionally.
Serve with bread.
Courtesy of Family Features