- 1 (16-ounce) box Mrs. T’s Potato & Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350F. Boil pierogies as package directs. Drain.
Cook ground beef in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, until well browned. Remove beef to medium bowl with slotted spoon. Add onions and garlic to drippings remaining in skillet; cook five minutes or until onion is tender. Add diced tomatoes with their liquid, salt, oregano, black pepper and ground meat mixture. Heat to boiling over high heat; simmer, uncovered, about five minutes. Stir in vegetables. Grease two-quart casserole or baking dish. Spoon beef mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with cup cheddar cheese; top with cooked pierogies, placed in rows. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot and bubbly.
Yield: 6 servings
Courtesy of Family Features