- 1 package (9 ounces) ravioli
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes (about 1/2 pint)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 medium peeled and diagonally sliced carrots (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound (fresh or frozen, thawed) peeled and deveined medium shrimp, tails removed, cooked
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pesto with basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh baby spinach leaves (optional)
PREPARE ravioli according to package directions. Drain and rinse quickly with cold water; drain again.
COMBINE ravioli, grape tomatoes, scallions, carrots, peas and shrimp in a bowl.
WHISK together red wine vinegar, pesto and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Pour vinaigrette over ravioli mixture. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.
SERVE at room temperature over baby spinach leaves.
Yield: 6 servings
Courtesy of Family Features