Catfish with smokey-pepper sauce
Whip up a new dish for your family with the Herald-Guide’s Recipe of the Week.
- 3 ounces fish and 1/3 cup sauce per serving
- 4 catfish or other mild, thin fish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup mild picante sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 1/2 to 1 chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce, finely chopped and mashed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle paprika and pepper on both sides of fish. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat, swirling to coat bottom. Cook fish 3 minutes on each side, or until it flakes easily with fork. Transfer fish to plates.
In small microwaveable bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Spoon over cooked fish.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Family Features
Be the first to comment