Mango, Cherry & Avocado Salad
Whip up a new dish for your family with the Herald-Guide’s Recipe of the Week.
- 8 cups spring mix lettuce
- 3 tablespoons tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, coarsely cracked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 large, ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/3 cups dried tart cherries
1. Divide lettuce evenly onto 4 salad plates; set aside.
2. In small bowl, whisk together cherry juice, vinegar, mustard, coriander seeds, honey, olive oil and salt/pepper; set aside.
4. Layer red onion, avocado, mango and cherries evenly atop each plate of lettuce.
5. Drizzle dressing over top and serve immediately.
Makes 4 Servings.
Got a great recipe? If so, email yours along with a photo of the completed dish to Lifestyles Editor Heather R. Breaux at email@example.com and your recipe could be published in the St. Charles Herald-Guide.