- 1 package (16-ounce) potato & onion pierogies
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh slivered basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish, optional
Grill or sauté pierogies as package directs.
Meanwhile, cook garlic clove in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat in hot oil, 1 minute or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool slightly.
Combine mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and cooked garlic mixture in large bowl.
To serve, arrange pierogies on platter, top with tomato mixture.
Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Courtesy of Family Features