- 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (8 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hard peppermint candies (about 24), divided
PREHEAT oven to 375F. Grease 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
COMBINE crumbs and sugar in pie plate. Stir in butter. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of plate.
BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
PLACE gelatin in small bowl; stir in water. Let soften for 1 minute.
HEAT evaporated milk and softened gelatin in small saucepan over medium heat; stirring constantly with whisk until mixture is dissolved and hot. Remove from heat; stir in morsels and peppermint extract until completely melted and smooth.
POUR into medium bowl. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cool to touch. Gently whisk in 2 cups whipped topping. Sprinkle 1/4 cup candies over bottom of crust. Pour filling over pie crust.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours. Spread whipped topping over center. Sprinkle with remaining candies.
Yield: 8 servings
Courtesy of Family Features