- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) Nestlé Carnation evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Libby’s 100 percent Pure Pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow crème
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
LINE 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil.
COMBINE sugar, brown sugar, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin and spice in medium heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234° to 240°F (soft-ball stage).
QUICKLY STIR in morsels, marshmallow crème, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until morsels are melted. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand on wire rack for two hours or until completely cooled. Refrigerate tightly covered. To cut, lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Makes 48 servings, 2 pieces each.
Yield: 3 pounds
Courtesy of Family Features