- 1/2 cup almond aioli
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed, ground fine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons parsley, rough chop
- 1/4 cup almonds, natural sliced
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab
- 32 lemon wedges
- Parsley, finely minced, to garnish
In medium bowl, combine aioli, almond meal, bay seasoning, egg, flaxseed and mustard. Mix until well blended.
Gently fold in sliced almonds and crab.
Form mixture into 16, 1 1/2-ounce cakes.
Sear in an oiled sauté pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, 1 1/2 minutes per side.
Finish in 375F oven for 2 minutes.
To serve, stack two cakes on a plate and garnish with 2 lemon wedges and a sprinkling of parsley.
Yield: 8 servings
Courtesy of Family Features