- 6 cups cauliflower florets (2-inch pieces)
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Toss cauliflower, mushrooms and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with thyme and cumin. Toss until evenly coated.
Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
Roast in preheated 450F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
Add vegetable mixture, broth and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally.
Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 (1-cup) servings
Courtesy of Family Features