- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or one 8-ounce can whole kernel corn, well drained)
- 1/2 cup sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, combine vegetables, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and water.
Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
Thoroughly blend eggs and milk.
Pour over vegetables.
Cook over low heat until eggs are almost set.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Broil about 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted.
Cut into wedges and serve from pan or slide from pan onto serving platter.
(Note: Can be prepared as a frittata or as an omelet, with a flatter fold-over shape. )
Yield: 4 servings
Courtesy of Family Features