During a weeklong nationwide fugitive roundup, St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested 32 wanted individuals during a spree police officials designed to capture at-large individuals locally and nationally. […]
• Kelly Creel, 26, of 207 River Oaks Dr., was arrested and charged with poss. of a CDS to wit Hydrocodone and 2 SCSO attachments at the above address on April 21. Sheriff Champagne reports that officers executed a search warrant at the above location. A search of the residence revealed Creel to be in poss. hydrocodone. The subject was also wanted on 2 traffic attachments. […]
In the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, crimes such as insurance fraud are receiving national priority and attention and the Louisiana State Police Insurance Fraud Unit is maintaining a zero tolerance approach to its investigations. […]
~ Sheriff Greg Champagne reports that members of the Drug Enforcement Administration received information that the subjects below were planning a drug transaction involving the sale of 1000 tabs of Ecstacy, which would take place in St. Charles Parish. On April 14, St. Charles Parish Agents along with DEA Agents arrested Cavalier and Wrens after witnessing this drug transaction take place. At the time of the arrest, Wrens and Cavalier were found to be in possession of a loaded 9mm semi-automatic handgun, two bundles of cocaine, and over $8,000 in US currency. This incident was an ongoing investigation involving DEA, St. Charles Sheriff’s Office, Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office, and the Kenner Police Department. Other individuals were arrested in conjunction with this investigation.
• Kevin Cavalier, 19, of 100 Dixie Dr., Bayou Gauche, was arrested and charged with conspire to att. to poss. with intent to dist. 1000 DU’s of MDMA(ecstacy), poss. with intent to dist. cocaine and poss. of a firearm during the sale of a CDS at 13146 US Hwy. 90, Boutte, on April 14.
• Michael Wrens, 36, of 6757 Willie Lou Ave., Houma, was arrested and charged with conspire to att. to poss. with intent to dist. 1000 DU’s of MDMA (ecstacy), poss. with intent to dist. cocaine HCL and poss. of a firearm during the sale of a CDS at 13146 US Hwy. 90, Boutte, on April 14.
In two separate incidents, the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office — in conjunction with the Drug Enforcement Agency and other area parish police departments — arrested four individuals attempting to traffic Ecstasy through the parish.
• Albert Dufrene, 45, of PO Box 225, Des Allemands, was arrested and charged with DWI, ROMV and open container on April 12.
• Kyle Ayme, 51, of 299 Adams Raceland, was arrested and charged with DWI, driving on shoulder, open container and prescription meds at St. Charles Hospital on April 13.
• Erick Marks, 67, of 308 Santa Cruz Ct., Luling, was arrested and charged with DWI and reckless operation at US 90 & LA 52 on April 14.
• Corey Shaw, 23, of 26 Temple St., Wilton, Me, was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation and resisting an officer by violence at US 61, St. Rose, on April 14.
• Jason Watson, 27, of 2350 Dukes Ave., Mobile, Ala., was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation and open container at I-10 Eastbound on April 13. […]
• Dorian Thompson, 18, of 835 East Hoover St., New Sarpy, was arrested and charged with molestation of a juvenile at St. Charles Correctional Center on April 4. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after allegedly inappropriately fondling a juvenile. […]
Several vehicles in Ormond Subdivision once again became targets for criminals. This time the perpetrators were thieves.In the early morning hours of March 31 and April 3, thieves went on a crime spree, opening 14 vehicles, resulting in several stolen items on Bocage, Villere and Melrose Drives, according to Sheriff Greg Champagne. […]