Creole Tomato Salad
Whip up a new dish for your family with the Herald-Guide’s Recipe of the Week.
- 3 Creole ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 pounds)
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
To prepare salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve at room temperature.