- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 pkg. (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in butter; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.
MEANWHILE, BEAT remaining evaporated milk, pudding mix, water, peppermint extract and 3 drops food coloring in medium bowl until combined. Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping and additional drop of food coloring, if desired. Spoon over chocolate layer.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with additional morsels. Spoon remaining whipped topping in center of pie. Garnish with fresh mint.
Nutrition Information per serving: 400 calories; 180 calories from fat; 21g total fat; 13g saturated fat; 1.5g trans fat; 20mg cholesterol; 280mg sodium; 50g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 36g sugars; 5g protein; 0% DV vitamin A; 0% DV vitamin C; 10% DV calcium; 6% DV iron
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Courtesy of Family Features