- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seed
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons juice from green olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 small cippolini onions
- 16 large pimiento-stuffed green olives
1. Heat large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add mustard seed; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant. Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting. Coarsely crush seeds using a rolling pin or a mortar and pestle.
2. Mix mustard seed, vermouth, oil, lemon juice, honey, olive juice, lemon peel, sea salt, garlic and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for brushing. Place remaining marinade in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add steak; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer for extra flavor.
3. Meanwhile, bring water to boil in small saucepan. Add onions; cook 5 minutes. Drain well. Cool onions slightly. Cut off top and bottom ends, then peel onions. Remove steak from marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Alternately thread steak, onions and olives onto 16 skewers.
4. Grill kabobs over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until steak is desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.
Courtesy of Family Features