- 1 package (14.1 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using glass 9-inch pie pan.
In large bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups sugar, cornstarch, tapioca and salt; gently toss with berries. Let stand 15 minutes. Spoon into crust-lined pan. To make lattice top, cut second crust into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips in lattice design over filling. Trim and seal edges. Brush crust with milk; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
Place pie on middle oven rack; place large cookie sheet on rack below pie pan in case of spillover. Bake pie 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake about 40 to 45 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Let stand 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Start to finish: 2 hours 30 minutes
Courtesy of Family Features