Whip up a new dish for your family with the Herald-Guide’s Recipe of the Week.
- 1 lb. crabmeat (picked over well)
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup shallots
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans milk
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 pt. half and half
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. sherry
- 1 ½ caps (not cups!) liquid crab boil
- 1 stick butter
- Salt and red pepper to taste
Sauté shallots and parsley in butter. Stir in flour, soup, and milk in that order. Add half and half and cheese. Stir until melted. Add the sherry, crab boil, crabmeat, and salt and red pepper to taste.
Got a great recipe? If so, send your recipe along with a photo of the completed dish to Lifestyles Editor Heather R. Breaux at firstname.lastname@example.org.