- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic/pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
Combine flour, garlic/pepper and thyme in large plastic food storage bag. Add chicken; shake to coat; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute. Push vegetables to outside of pan.
Add remaining 2 tablesppoons of olive oil to skillet; increase heat to medium-high.
Add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes per side to brown lightly.
Add wine to skillet; cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook 8-12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Serve vegetables spooned over chicken or pull chicken into large chunks and mix with vegetables before spooning onto plates.
Courtesy of the North American Olive Oil Association