- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 container (6 ounces) or 1 1/3 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) chocolate crumb crust
WHISK together evaporated milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan.
HEAT over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil.
Remove from heat; STIR in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
Pour into large bowl. REFRIGERATE for 30 minutes until cool. Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours until thickened. Sprinkle 1 cup raspberries over crust.
Spoon chilled chocolate mousse over raspberries.
Dollop remaining 1 cup whipped topping on center of pie; top with remaining raspberries.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
Refrigerating: 2 1/2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
Courtesy of Family Features