- 1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food color
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease only bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
2. In large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
3. Meanwhile, in 2-quart nonstick saucepan, heat topping ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Cool about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
4. Pour topping over filling; spread to cover. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until set. Before cutting into bars, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows. For easier cutting, cut brownies with a wet knife. Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 32 brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Start to Finish: 3 hours 25 minutes
Courtesy of Family Features
Be the first to comment