Haunted House Cake
2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting
2 (16-ounce) frozen pound cakes – thawed
1 box thin chocolate wafer cookies
1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel
1bag Twix Fun Size Bars
1 bag M&M’S milk chocolate candies.
1. Tint frosting orange and set aside.
2. Spread 1/2 cup orange frosting on bottom of both pound cakes; then press them together. Stand cakes up so that they are vertical on a serving plate.
3. Create pitch of roof by trimming top of one cake on a slight angle. Trim other cake on a steeper angle to make roof look tipsy.
4. Completely cover cake with remaining orange frosting. For tiles, break chocolate wafers in half.
5. Pipe black decorating gel for windows. Add Twix bars for door and chimney. Use broken wafer cookies for shutters. Use M&M’S to outline top of roof and sides of house.
6. Grind remaining cookies along with a few Twix bars in food processor. Spread this mixture around base of house for “dirt” and scatter M&M’S on top.
Makes 1 cake. Prep time: 20 minutes. Decorating time: 40 minutes.
Be the first to comment