This is one of the best and easiest pork loins
- 7 to 9 lbs Pork Loin
- All Seasonings (McCormick)
- Cajun Garlic Butter marinade (Cajun injector)
- Rub the pork with the All seasonings and inject with the Cajun garlic Butter. Wrap in plastic and let it rest in the refrigerator at least 3 hours (overnight if you have the time)
- Build your fire in the Green Egg to have flames over the grill – 500 degrees.
- Remove the pork from the plastic wrap and place on the grill so the flames lick the pork. NOTE: rotate the meat so the flames get all sides. Do this for approx. 15 to 20 minutes or till the outside gets a good toasting without burning.
- Remove the pork and set aside. Set the Green Egg up as an indirect cooker, return the pork to the grill and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches the desired temperature. I target 140 degrees and feel the pork for firmness.
- When temperature is reached, wrap the pork in aluminum foil for about 1 hour, then serve.
Notes: I have found that on the Green Egg the total cook time is 1:15 for the center to reach 140 degrees