Names new executive leadership
Calling it “an honor” to announce executive staff and department heads, new St. Charles Parish President Larry Cochran is laying the groundwork for his first administration.
“It is an honor to formally announce the talented, experienced and diverse individuals that will lead this parish and keep it going in a positive direction,” Cochran said. “Although there are several departments without permanent directors, we are committed to conducting an extensive search for the best and brightest individuals to fill those positions. In the meantime, we have well-qualified civil servants that have taken charge as interim directors.”
Cochran named a new executive staff, several of the appointments from the parish’s public school system where he worked as an electrician and network technician for 23 years.
The parish’s executive staff includes:
• Administrative Assistant Robin Delahoussaye
• Chief Administrative Officer Billy Raymond, a former parish councilman who also ran for parish president in 2011.
• Chief Financial Officer Grant Dussom, who previously held the position under former Parish President V.J. St. Pierre’s two terms in office.
• Executive Director of Community Affairs Dwayne LaGrange, who previously worked for the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office.
• Executive Director of Technology and Communications Anthony Ayo, who previously worked as systems analyst for the St. Charles Parish Public Schools.
• Executive Director of Procurement and Government Buildings Darrin Duhe, formerly textbook coordinator and distribution supervisor for the parish’s school system.
• Legal Services (parish attorney) Robert Raymond, a position he held under former Parish President Albert Laque.Most of Cochran’s department heads held the position during St. Pierre’s administration, although some may change. The bolded names served the same position on St. Pierre’s staff.
• (Interim) Animal Control Supervisor Leonie Agurcia
• Business and Career Solutions Center (WIA) Director Tommy Scott
• Community Services Director Joan Diaz
• Economic Development Director Corey Faucheux
• Geographic Information Systems Coordinator Luis Martinez
• Grants Officer Holly Fonseca
• (Interim) Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Director Jason Tastet
• Parks and Recreation Director Duane Foret
• Planning and Zoning Director Michael Albert
• (Interim) Public Information Officer Tristan Babin
• (Interim) Public Works Director Sam Scholle
• Retired and Senior Volunteer Program Director Michelle Higgins
• (Interim) Risk Management Officer Rechelle Champagne
• Wastewater Assistant Director L.J. Brady
• Waterworks Director Robert Brou