Albert Cammon Middle School is one of two schools along the River Road corridor leading into Jefferson Parish. The faculty and staff works together to create and maintain a safe and highly productive academic environment to ensure success for the students. There are many support personnel and services readily available and accessible to the school and staff.
Destrehan High School was established in 1926 and moved to its present location in 1976. The main building, technology building, math building, humanities building and athletic complex is situated on 33 acres of land. The school services all students on the East Bank of the Mississippi River in St. Charles Parish, including Montz, Norco, New Sarpy, Destrehan and St. Rose.
Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School opened its doors on Jan. 4, 1994. The school is named after Ethel Schoeffner, who served the St. Charles Parish School System for 48 years from 1917 – 1965, as an elementary school teacher and an elementary school principal. The school is located 25 miles upriver from New Orleans on the East Bank of St. Charles Parish. The school serves the communities of Destrehan and New Sarpy.
Established in 1924 as an outgrowth of the original Hahnville Consolidated School, Hahnville High School had a class of 12 seniors and accommodated grades sixth through 11. HHS services all students on the West Bank of the Mississippi River in St. Charles Parish. In 1975, Hahnville High School moved to its current location in Boutte.
Harry Hurst Middle School, formerly Destrehan Junior High, was established in 1982 on the grounds of the first Destrehan High School. Renamed in 1989 in honor of former St. Charles Parish educator and Principal Harry M. “Prof” Hurst, the school services students residing in the Montz, Norco, New Sarpy and Destrehan areas on the East Bank of St. Charles Parish.
The faculty of Lakewood Elementary places the education of their students as a top priority. Education is a shared responsibility of all stakeholders. We are committed to helping all students to become college and career ready while creating life-long learners. Our school fosters a love of learning, and our school equips the students with the knowledge and skills required to lead productive and fulfilling lives in the changing society of the 21st century.
Mimosa Park Elementary was built in the early 1960s and currently serves students in pre-K through second grade. The mission of Mimosa Park Elementary is to produce self-directed, lifelong learners by engaging students through varied, meaningful and challenging learning opportunities in a safe and nurturing environment so all students reach their potential.
Norco Elementary was originally established in 1929 and was located on Apple Street in a charming red brick school house. The current site was built in 1961 due to increased enrollment, and three new wings have been added since then. The school strives to make a difference in the lives of children and community members. Their goal for tomorrow is to impact society in ways that will inspire others to be all that they can be.
R. J. Vial Elementary School was established in 1975 and has served the communities of Paradis, Bayou Gauche, Des Allemands and Boutte for more than 35 years. During most of these years, as well as today, the school addresses the learning needs of children in third through fifth grades. The school is named after R. J. Vial Sr., who served on the school board for many years and for R. J. Vial Jr., who served as superintendent of schools in St. Charles Parish during the 1940s.