|Catholic Charities taps Frady to head local operations
June 07, 2006 at 2:44 pm
Phil Frady has extensive experience in both the private and public sectors, developing improved productivity of organizations.
|Paradis man charged with attempted arson
June 07, 2006 at 2:31 pm
Enraged from an altercation with his girlfriend, a Paradis man poured gasoline on his living room floor. The assailant then allegedly used a cigarette lighter to spark a small fire.
|Insurance concerns huge issue for bankers
June 07, 2006 at 2:08 pm
BATON ROUGE -- More than 40 bankers descended on the State Capitol last month, awaiting meetings with agency heads and filling the hallways with pinstriped power suits and scrolling through BlackBerries while sitting in committee rooms.
|Ms. Louisiana Globe fundraiser date changed
June 07, 2006 at 11:58 am
Ms. Louisiana Globe 2006 and Amused Foods, LLC invites residents to attend “A Plate for Pageantry”, a fundraiser for Ms. Louisiana Globe.
|Dream of being a queen?
June 07, 2006 at 11:56 am
Girls from St. Charles Parish are invited to enter the sixth annual American Dream Queen Pageant June 17 at 11 a.m. at St. Peter School, 188 W. Seventh St., Reserve.
|HHS band nearing goal for D.C trip
June 07, 2006 at 11:55 am
HHS will hold a Gator Stop night on June 12 from 4-8 p.m. Just mention the HHS band and Gator Stop will donate a percentage of the sales that evening to the D.C. effort. Gator Stop is located on Hwy. 90, Boutte.
|Future actor? Come learn from the pro’s
June 07, 2006 at 11:54 am
This free drama workshop will focus on ensemble building, trust, observation, self-confidence, concentration, imagination and creativity.
|Real Estate Transactions
June 07, 2006 at 11:48 am
•24 Oakley Dr., Destrehan for $215,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Fernando Veilalon to Janet Laurent on April 10.
•Lot 42 Meadows Dr., Destrehan for $31,000 from Judd Jolilboix to Anthony Reynaud, Sr. on April 13.
•48 Carriage Ln., Destrehan for $278,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Dufrene to Mr. and Mrs. Winford Figaro, Sr. on April 12.
•236-38 Meadows Dr., Destrehan for $120,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Navorro to Alfred Smith on Feb 24.
•156 Gordon St., Destrehan for $135,000 from Mr. and Mrs. James McNulty III to Mindy Wilson on April 13.
•51 Elmwood Dr., Destrehan for $680,900 from Normand & Tammy Hand to Darren Malbrough on April 11.
•12 Ashland Dr., Destrehan for $210,000 from John Dufrene, Jr. to Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Denina on April 13.
•Lot 2 Ormond Plantation, Destrehan for $135,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Paul Murray III to Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Lee on April 13.
•136 Destrehan Dr., Destrehan for $155,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Charles Campeaux to Sandra Lane and Joseph Grenner on April 13.
•330 Madewood Dr., Destrehan for $262,000 from Carolyn Denesse to Inger Joseph on April 19.
•Lot 6 Acadian Trace Subdivision, Destrehan for $125,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Robert Colomb to Mr. and Mrs. Kerry Eugene on April 11.
•170 Oakley Ln., Destrehan for $196,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Gregory Orgeron to Primacy Closing Corporation on Mar. 12.
June 07, 2006 at 11:46 am
James “Jime” Oneil Lewis, on Monday, May 29, 2006 at 2:30 p.m. A native of Norphlet, Ark., and a resident of Luling, La. Age 82 years. Beloved husband of the late Sarah Lucille Lewis for 50 years. Father of Connie L. Cancienne, Larry Sweeny, Randy Lewis, Ronnie Lewis, and the late Bobby Glen Sweeney. Brother of Bettie L. Early. Step-brother of David Dickson. Also 10 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. Preceded in death by parents, Sid and Mamie Robinson Lewis. A sister, Nadine Starr. A brother, Haskel G. Lewis. He entered the Conversation Corps before WWII and then enlisted in the U.S. Army serving as a mechanical instructor. He volunteered for Airborne Infantry duty with the 511th Airborne Infantry, commonly known as the 11th Airborne. Member of VFW, First Baptist Church, he was a deacon, member of Gideons, retired supervisor of Monsanto Chemicals. Relatives and friends of the family were invited to attend funeral services at West St. Charles Baptist Church in Boutte. Interment in St. Charles Cemetery, Luling, La. Falgout Funeral Homes in charge of arrangements.
June 07, 2006 at 11:42 am
•Reynaud Lyncoy, 26, of 43 Cathy St., Norco, was arrested and charged with poss. of stolen property at LA 48, Norco, on May 27. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after being stopped for illegible license plate on vehicle. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in possession of a vehicle that was reported stolen from New Orleans.
• Laquin Ingram, 21, of 326 Trailsway Dr., Hahnville, was arrested and charged with driver not licensed, improper display of plate, SCSO attachment, fugitive from JPSO and poss. with intent to dist. SCH II (crack cocaine) at Smith St., Hahnville, on May 27. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped fro no license plate. Further investigation revealed the subject was driving without a license and was wanted out of St. Charles and Jefferson parishes. Ingram was also found to be in possession of 19 grams of crack cocaine.
• Terrance Patterson, 28, of 1204 Lasseigne Rd., Thibodaux, La., was arrested and charged with reckless operation, aggravated obstruction of a highway of commerce, poss. of ecstasy, poss. of marijuana and fugitive from Jefferson Parish at LA 48 @ Burguires Ln., Destrehan, on May 30. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for driving recklessly. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in poss. of Ecstasy and marijuana.
• Duvell London Jr., 25, of 728 Turtlecreek Ln., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. a SCH II CDS to wit crack/cocaine, battery on a police officer (3 cts.) and resisting an officer by violence at 11734 LA 48, St. Rose, on June 1. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for suspicious person. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in poss. of crack cocaine.
• Curtis Johnson, 20, of 270 East 24th St., Reserve, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. SCH II (crack cocaine), no driver license and no proof of insurance in the 100 Blk. of Hollywood Pk., Montz, on June 1. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following a traffic stop for suspicious activity. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in poss. of crack cocaine.
• Darlene Holmes, 34, of 1730 LA 52, Boutte, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery at the above address on June 3. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following an altercation with a 34 year old Boutte man. During the altercation, the subject allegedly scratched the victim in the face and threw a pole from a weight bench at his elbow.
• Darryl Jackson, 41, of P.O Box 122, Killona, was arrested and charged with poss. of cocaine, poss. of drug paraphernalia and a fugitive from JPSO at Autin Ln., and LA 631, Des Allemands on June 3. Sheriff Greg Champagne reports that the above subject was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped. Further investigation revealed the subject to be wanted out of Jefferson Parish, and was in poss. of crack cocaine.
|La. Catfish Queen completes her royal reign
June 07, 2006 at 11:37 am
Held traveled thousands of miles throughout Louisiana to over forty five different pageants, festivals, and special events.
|LSU announces parish graduates
June 07, 2006 at 11:35 am
LSU, Baton Rouge, announces their Spring 2006 graduates.
|Hobby named All-American Scholar At-Large
June 07, 2006 at 11:33 am
The United States Achievement Academy announced that Derek Hobby from Des Allemands has been named an All-American Scholar At-Large Award Winner.
June 07, 2006 at 11:31 am
Ron and Cindy Verdin Dufresne of Marshall, Texas, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Tala Noel Dufresne of Hammond, to Zachary Reynolds Wagner of Houston, Texas.
June 07, 2006 at 11:28 am
Amy Claire Wall of Destrehan and Jay Paul Curole of Galliano were married on June 2, 2006, at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Destrehan.
|A Golden Anniversary
June 07, 2006 at 11:24 am
Alice Mae and Hemes (Bobod) Dufrene celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on April 28.
|Thieves strike vehicles in Willowdale Subdivision
May 31, 2006 at 2:57 pm
Residents in Willowdale Subdivision received automated messages from Sheriff Greg Champagne via phone calls after thieves struck vehicles in Willowdale Subdivision, resulting in several items reported stolen by residents.
|Practicing for the big one
May 31, 2006 at 2:52 pm
"Listen up people, at 10:15 a.m., Waterford 3 has called a site emergency. I repeat, a site emergency," said Tab Troxler.
The problem with the giant nuclear facility was a plane had flown into the nuclear reactor.
Thankfully, it was only a drill.
Last month, the St. Charles Art Guild held their annual Art Showcase at the...
New Life Community Church, the joint ministry of Luling United Methodist & First...
In only his second game as a starter, Destrehan sophomore quarterback Marquise...
Destrehan’s talent was on display early and often as they dominated West Jefferson...
• Former HHS star scoresTD in NFL debut
• St. Charles soccer team wins back-to-back tourneys
• Melancon scores 5 TDs, named offensive player of week
• Hahnville dominates Salmen in season opener
• Destrehan routs West Jefferson 47-7 in season opener
Destrehan routs West Jefferson 47-7 in season opener - 1056 views
Destrehan running back Will Matthews rushed for 154 yards and three touchdowns in the first half to pace the Wildcats to a 47-7 blowout win over West Jefferson Friday night.
Calendar of events