|River Region Drama Guild holds Summer Theater Workshop
July 28, 2006 at 10:20 am
The River Region Drama Guild held its Summer Theater Workshop on July 10-13 and July 17-20 at the River Region Performing Arts and Cultural Center in Good Hope.
|Summertime lemonade offers kids life lessons
July 28, 2006 at 10:16 am
ARA- This summer parents are finding clever ways to teach their kids valuable life lessons -- through lemonade. Instead of letting your kids waste away their summer vacations playing video games, encourage them to start up a small business by running a good old-fashioned lemonade stand.
|Council approves property purchase
July 28, 2006 at 10:10 am
On Monday, the St, Charles Parish council unanimously passed an ordinance to approve and authorize the execution of an act of sale for the purchase of a 35,000-square-foot lot adjacent to the offices of the Department of Planning and Zoning.
|New Orleans man charged with aggravated assault
July 27, 2006 at 1:58 pm
On July 17, Dennis Hugle Jr., 30, of 2420 Spain St., New Orleans, was arrested on a warrant issued by the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office and charged with aggravated battery, aggravated assault and simple battery.
|Luling man charged with cruelty to animals
July 27, 2006 at 1:55 pm
A Luling man was arrested July 15 after St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Deputies observed the man's pit-bull chained to a doorknob with no food or water in temperatures above 90 degrees.
|Destrehan resident charged with obsenity
July 27, 2006 at 1:52 pm
A Destrehan man, John Fuoco, 35, of 26 Brandon Hall Dr., Destrehan, was arrested July 19 and charged with obsenity.
|Sheriff Champagne to serve as president of Tarpon Rodeo
July 27, 2006 at 1:50 pm
Sheriff Greg Champagne will serve as the 2006 President of the Grand Isle International Tarpon Rodeo.
|Sales tax holiday this weekend
July 27, 2006 at 1:48 pm
St. Charles Parish Schools and the St. Charles Parish Council will enact a sales tax holiday this weekend as a way of thanking the residents of the parish for their commitment to the parish and public schooling in the area.
|Four arrested in drug bust
July 20, 2006 at 1:21 pm
On July 10, St. Charles Parish officers arrested four individuals on drug related charges after a search warrant was conducted at 111 Aqueduct Dr., in Montz.
July 19, 2006 at 1:17 pm
• Isaac Kenneth, 45, of 1016 Paul Fredrick St., Luling, was arrested and charged with simple robbery at the above address on July 12. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following the subject approached a 42 year-old female demanding $20. The victim refused at which time Isaac allegedly grabbed the victim’s shirt and punched her several times with a closed fist to her right upper cheek and head area. The victim was transported to St. Charles Hospital for her injuries.
• Kentrell Smith, 27, of 728 Mockingbird Ln., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with kidnappting second degree at LA 50, St. Rose, on July 11. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after allegedly kidnapping a 42 year-old Norco woman.
• Johnny A. Champagne III, 20, of 334 Mimosa Ave., Luling, was arrested and charged with theft over $500 at 13143 US 90, Boutte, on July 12. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after allegedly stealing $752.76 from his place of employment. Champagne would illegally process refunds and then keep the money.
July 19, 2006 at 1:16 pm
Phyllis Songy Hingle, a beloved wife and mother, died at 4:35 p.m., Thursday, June 29, 2006. She was 72, a resident of Baton Rouge and a native of Destrehan. She is survived by her husband of 46 years, Calvin Hingle; four daughters and sons-in-law, Lisa and Marshall Townsend, Jennifer and Bruce Robinson, Andrea and Shawn Fleming, and Pamela and Mark Hatley; two sons and a daughter-in-law, Stewart and Anna Hingle and Jeffrey Hingle; three sisters, Margaret S. Meyer, Sister Linda Songy and Sylvia S. Davis; a brother, Russell D. Songy; and 13 grandchildren, Andrew, Jacob and Emily townsend, Nathan, Jull and Amy Fleming, Benjamin and Christopher Hatley and Kenneth and Lauren Hingle. She was preceded in death by her parents, Aubin and Philomene Stewart Songy; sisters, Jeanne Marie Songy and Annette S. Toomer; and a brother, Aubin A. Songy, Jr. She was a parishioner of St. George Catholic Church and a 1951 graduate of Hahnville High School. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Institute for Cancer Research.
|Hawaiian Luau planned for seniors
July 19, 2006 at 1:15 pm
Senior citizens 60 years and older are invited to attend a Hawaiian Luau on Friday, Aug. 25 at the Hahnville Senior Activities Center, 626 Pine St., Hahnville at 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
|Running dirty at the Spillway run
July 19, 2006 at 1:14 pm
The 19th Annual Great Spillway Trail Run will take place on Sunday, July 23 at the Bonnet Carre' Spillway in Norco.
|Real Estate Transactions
July 19, 2006 at 1:07 pm
•103 Arline Ct., Montz for $220,000 from Hoffman Custom Built Homes, LLC to Mr. and Mrs. David Livingston on May 25
•115 Arline Ct., Montz for $205,000 from Reve, INC to Mr. and Mrs. John Serpas on May 26
•107 Gretchen Ct., Montz for $258,048.23 from Eagle II Properties, LLC to Mr. and Mrs. Alonzo Faucheux III on June 5
•104 Arline Ct., Montz for $224,540 from Reve, INC to Mr. and Mrs. Oris Perrilloux, Jr. on June 2
•102 Arline Ct., Montz for $226,000 from Reve, INC to Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Smith on June 2
|Making progress towards reimportation of prescription drugs
July 19, 2006 at 1:05 pm
One of my top priorities when I came to the U.S. Senate in 2004 was to help lower the cost of prescription medications. As I hold town hall meetings across the state, many seniors recount stories of their struggles to afford the high price of prescription medications in our country.
|Valero appoints new VP
July 19, 2006 at 1:04 pm
St. Charles Parish- Valero Energy Corporation announced this week that Ralph Phillip has been named vice president and general manager of the company's St. Charles refinery. Former plant manager Gary Simmons has relocated to Valero's corporate headquarters in San Antonio to serve as vice president of planning and economics.
|July best month to fertilize lawns
July 19, 2006 at 1:03 pm
Late July is the optimum time to make that final application of nitrogen fertilizer to the lawn. Since nitrogen typically lasts 8 to 10 weeks in the soil, this would allow enough time for depletion of the nitrogen before the arrival of cooler temperatures in the fall.
|State should restrict election dates in the future
July 19, 2006 at 1:01 pm
Unbeknownst to most people in St. Charles Parish, Saturday was election day here.
Now that carnival season has to come to an end, Fat Tuesday has passed and Ash...
Malissa Gore was selected as the 2013-14 Teacher of the Year for R.K. Smith Middle...
• Students’ science acumen on display at St. Charles Parish Science Fair
• This week’s Humane Society showcase adoption pet “Woody”
• After recovery from accident, local float builder vies for Grand Champion
• Local photographer captures amazing wildlife images
• River Region Drama Guild children’s theater workshop
The Hahnville Tigers went 2-2 to open the 2014 baseball season, beating Zachary and...
The Destrehan Lady Wildcats refuse to lose and now find themselves two wins away...
• Hahnville wrestler wins state championship
• Tigers must control tempo to knock off Comeaux
• Lady Wildcats roar into quarterfinals against Walker
• HHS trio qualifies for indoor track championships
• Destrehan falls in second round after Acadiana comeback
St. Charles Parish tops country in innovative education - 4078 views
The National School Board Association has announced St. Charles Parish Public Schools as the best mid-sized public school system in the nation when it comes to innovative education programming.