|Dream of being a queen?
June 07, 2006 at 11:56 am
Girls from St. Charles Parish are invited to enter the sixth annual American Dream Queen Pageant June 17 at 11 a.m. at St. Peter School, 188 W. Seventh St., Reserve.
|HHS band nearing goal for D.C trip
June 07, 2006 at 11:55 am
HHS will hold a Gator Stop night on June 12 from 4-8 p.m. Just mention the HHS band and Gator Stop will donate a percentage of the sales that evening to the D.C. effort. Gator Stop is located on Hwy. 90, Boutte.
|Future actor? Come learn from the pro’s
June 07, 2006 at 11:54 am
This free drama workshop will focus on ensemble building, trust, observation, self-confidence, concentration, imagination and creativity.
|Real Estate Transactions
June 07, 2006 at 11:48 am
•24 Oakley Dr., Destrehan for $215,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Fernando Veilalon to Janet Laurent on April 10.
•Lot 42 Meadows Dr., Destrehan for $31,000 from Judd Jolilboix to Anthony Reynaud, Sr. on April 13.
•48 Carriage Ln., Destrehan for $278,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Dufrene to Mr. and Mrs. Winford Figaro, Sr. on April 12.
•236-38 Meadows Dr., Destrehan for $120,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Navorro to Alfred Smith on Feb 24.
•156 Gordon St., Destrehan for $135,000 from Mr. and Mrs. James McNulty III to Mindy Wilson on April 13.
•51 Elmwood Dr., Destrehan for $680,900 from Normand & Tammy Hand to Darren Malbrough on April 11.
•12 Ashland Dr., Destrehan for $210,000 from John Dufrene, Jr. to Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Denina on April 13.
•Lot 2 Ormond Plantation, Destrehan for $135,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Paul Murray III to Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Lee on April 13.
•136 Destrehan Dr., Destrehan for $155,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Charles Campeaux to Sandra Lane and Joseph Grenner on April 13.
•330 Madewood Dr., Destrehan for $262,000 from Carolyn Denesse to Inger Joseph on April 19.
•Lot 6 Acadian Trace Subdivision, Destrehan for $125,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Robert Colomb to Mr. and Mrs. Kerry Eugene on April 11.
•170 Oakley Ln., Destrehan for $196,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Gregory Orgeron to Primacy Closing Corporation on Mar. 12.
June 07, 2006 at 11:46 am
James “Jime” Oneil Lewis, on Monday, May 29, 2006 at 2:30 p.m. A native of Norphlet, Ark., and a resident of Luling, La. Age 82 years. Beloved husband of the late Sarah Lucille Lewis for 50 years. Father of Connie L. Cancienne, Larry Sweeny, Randy Lewis, Ronnie Lewis, and the late Bobby Glen Sweeney. Brother of Bettie L. Early. Step-brother of David Dickson. Also 10 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. Preceded in death by parents, Sid and Mamie Robinson Lewis. A sister, Nadine Starr. A brother, Haskel G. Lewis. He entered the Conversation Corps before WWII and then enlisted in the U.S. Army serving as a mechanical instructor. He volunteered for Airborne Infantry duty with the 511th Airborne Infantry, commonly known as the 11th Airborne. Member of VFW, First Baptist Church, he was a deacon, member of Gideons, retired supervisor of Monsanto Chemicals. Relatives and friends of the family were invited to attend funeral services at West St. Charles Baptist Church in Boutte. Interment in St. Charles Cemetery, Luling, La. Falgout Funeral Homes in charge of arrangements.
June 07, 2006 at 11:42 am
•Reynaud Lyncoy, 26, of 43 Cathy St., Norco, was arrested and charged with poss. of stolen property at LA 48, Norco, on May 27. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after being stopped for illegible license plate on vehicle. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in possession of a vehicle that was reported stolen from New Orleans.
• Laquin Ingram, 21, of 326 Trailsway Dr., Hahnville, was arrested and charged with driver not licensed, improper display of plate, SCSO attachment, fugitive from JPSO and poss. with intent to dist. SCH II (crack cocaine) at Smith St., Hahnville, on May 27. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped fro no license plate. Further investigation revealed the subject was driving without a license and was wanted out of St. Charles and Jefferson parishes. Ingram was also found to be in possession of 19 grams of crack cocaine.
• Terrance Patterson, 28, of 1204 Lasseigne Rd., Thibodaux, La., was arrested and charged with reckless operation, aggravated obstruction of a highway of commerce, poss. of ecstasy, poss. of marijuana and fugitive from Jefferson Parish at LA 48 @ Burguires Ln., Destrehan, on May 30. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for driving recklessly. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in poss. of Ecstasy and marijuana.
• Duvell London Jr., 25, of 728 Turtlecreek Ln., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. a SCH II CDS to wit crack/cocaine, battery on a police officer (3 cts.) and resisting an officer by violence at 11734 LA 48, St. Rose, on June 1. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for suspicious person. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in poss. of crack cocaine.
• Curtis Johnson, 20, of 270 East 24th St., Reserve, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. SCH II (crack cocaine), no driver license and no proof of insurance in the 100 Blk. of Hollywood Pk., Montz, on June 1. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following a traffic stop for suspicious activity. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in poss. of crack cocaine.
• Darlene Holmes, 34, of 1730 LA 52, Boutte, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery at the above address on June 3. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following an altercation with a 34 year old Boutte man. During the altercation, the subject allegedly scratched the victim in the face and threw a pole from a weight bench at his elbow.
• Darryl Jackson, 41, of P.O Box 122, Killona, was arrested and charged with poss. of cocaine, poss. of drug paraphernalia and a fugitive from JPSO at Autin Ln., and LA 631, Des Allemands on June 3. Sheriff Greg Champagne reports that the above subject was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped. Further investigation revealed the subject to be wanted out of Jefferson Parish, and was in poss. of crack cocaine.
|La. Catfish Queen completes her royal reign
June 07, 2006 at 11:37 am
Held traveled thousands of miles throughout Louisiana to over forty five different pageants, festivals, and special events.
|LSU announces parish graduates
June 07, 2006 at 11:35 am
LSU, Baton Rouge, announces their Spring 2006 graduates.
|Hobby named All-American Scholar At-Large
June 07, 2006 at 11:33 am
The United States Achievement Academy announced that Derek Hobby from Des Allemands has been named an All-American Scholar At-Large Award Winner.
June 07, 2006 at 11:31 am
Ron and Cindy Verdin Dufresne of Marshall, Texas, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Tala Noel Dufresne of Hammond, to Zachary Reynolds Wagner of Houston, Texas.
June 07, 2006 at 11:28 am
Amy Claire Wall of Destrehan and Jay Paul Curole of Galliano were married on June 2, 2006, at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Destrehan.
|A Golden Anniversary
June 07, 2006 at 11:24 am
Alice Mae and Hemes (Bobod) Dufrene celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on April 28.
|Thieves strike vehicles in Willowdale Subdivision
May 31, 2006 at 2:57 pm
Residents in Willowdale Subdivision received automated messages from Sheriff Greg Champagne via phone calls after thieves struck vehicles in Willowdale Subdivision, resulting in several items reported stolen by residents.
|Practicing for the big one
May 31, 2006 at 2:52 pm
"Listen up people, at 10:15 a.m., Waterford 3 has called a site emergency. I repeat, a site emergency," said Tab Troxler.
The problem with the giant nuclear facility was a plane had flown into the nuclear reactor.
Thankfully, it was only a drill.
|Investigation of Valero explosion complete
May 31, 2006 at 2:50 pm
Investigators from the U.S. Chemical Safety Board completed their two-day assessment of the May 20 fire at the Valero St. Charles refinery and returned Tuesday to Washington, D.C. No further CSB investigation of the incident is planned.
|D-day in June reminds us of the need to pray
May 31, 2006 at 2:49 pm
We're not sure how bothered folks have to become about June 6, 2006 (6/6/06), which is next Tuesday (and which comes once a century), but it certainly affords another opportunity to pray. Some even believe they have heard from angels to this effect: that it is a day in which the Archangel Michael should be specially invoked.
|Seniors often target of con-artist
May 31, 2006 at 2:47 pm
Studies show that fraudulent telemarketers direct 56 to 80 percent of their calls to senior citizens, the fastest-growing segment of America's population. Because senior citizens are a prime target for con artists and thieves, Sheriff Greg Champagne joined the National Crime Prevention Council in helping seniors resist home improvement scams and telemarketing fraud.
|Gas truck driver robbed at gun point
May 31, 2006 at 2:46 pm
A LaPlace man was robbed at gun point while he attempted to deliver diesel fuel to a business location at Campus Dr., Plantation Business Park in Destrehan.
This week’s Humane Society showcase is a kitten. ...
In The Giver, Lois Lowry creates a utopian society where pain and fear no longer...
The Hahnville boys soccer team opened up district play with wins over Thibodaux and...
Hahnville senior offensive lineman Hunter Perrin will compete with top football...
• Wildcats fall short in bid for state title
• Destrehan falls short of state championship appearance in semi-final loss to Acadiana
• Tigers try to make history
• Playoff quarterfinals players of the week
• Trip to Dome at stake Wildcats battle No.1 Acadiana
Des Allemands man charged with home arson - 2502 views
A 43-year-old Des Allemands man was arrested and charged with an arson that destroyed a shed and caused extensive damage to a home on Matherne Drive last May.
Calendar of events