|Letters from Nigeria getting more frequent
February 15, 2006 at 1:17 pm
The first came a few years ago. Then another showed up a few weeks later.
The frequency increased gradually and this past month I must have received at least 15. I didn’t answer any of them but was tempted to several times.
|Blocking offshore leases may get attention
February 09, 2006 at 12:12 pm
Gov. Kathleen Blanco is getting aggressive in her efforts to attract more federal government financial support in our efforts to rebound after Hurricane Katrina. Now she has threatened to block the sale of offshore oil leases off the coast of Louisiana in August if we don’t get a larger share of the revenue.
This week’s Humane Society showcase pet is Moet. ...
For the past two decades the River Region Ballet has brought a brilliant array of...
• You’ve got to read this! (Sept. 4)
• Greenhouse goes from disused shell to key part of local food economy
• Number of Eagle Scouts in St. Charles Parish double national average
• Family Movie Night
• Knights of Columbus awards ceremony
It wasn’t always pretty, especially in the first half, but the Destrehan Wildcats...
Mississippi State hasn’t defeated LSU since 1999, but this year I believe the...
• Tigers look to rebound from overtime loss to Rummel
• After pair of blowout wins, Destrehan ready for physical Dutchtown running game
• Hahnville suffers tough loss in triple overtime
• Young QB leads Destrehan to blowout win over Helen Cox
• Wildcats firing on all cylinders as they enter showdown with Helen Cox
TV series starring Boutte outdoorsman is canceled - 1976 views
After only one season, Boutte-resident Kip Benoit’s reality TV series about hunting and living off the land has been canceled.