|Letters from Nigeria getting more frequent
February 15, 2006 at 1:17 pm
The first came a few years ago. Then another showed up a few weeks later.
The frequency increased gradually and this past month I must have received at least 15. I didn’t answer any of them but was tempted to several times.
|Blocking offshore leases may get attention
February 09, 2006 at 12:12 pm
Gov. Kathleen Blanco is getting aggressive in her efforts to attract more federal government financial support in our efforts to rebound after Hurricane Katrina. Now she has threatened to block the sale of offshore oil leases off the coast of Louisiana in August if we don’t get a larger share of the revenue.
Volunteer service hours
LULING – For high school students who need...
This week’s St. Charles Humane Society’s showcase pet is Louie the dog....
• River Region Arts and Humanities Council to host fundraising tea on May 9
• Fight the fire: Luling man recounts new strategies, equipment, buildings
• Four St. Charles Parish students take on the 'mini Shark Tank’
• New SCAG board named
• Albert Cammon student wins 2015 Cox Hero Award
After finishing last season 14-1 and losing a host of key players to graduation,...
Hahnville senior receiver Ricky Preston will continue his football career after...
• Robicheaux says spring game will be good measuring stick for Destrehan
• Tiger offense squeaks by ‘D’ in annual Hahnville Burger Bowl
• HHS track star signs with SLU
• DHS boys’ track team wins regional championship
• Teams from HHS, DHS finish in top 25 at BASS state tourney
Luling businessman chosen to observe foreign election - 626 views
It had been a long 18-hour day observing a presidential election in the Republic of Kazakhstan on April 26 when Garrett Monti realized this was pretty exciting.
Calendar of events