|Letters from Nigeria getting more frequent
February 15, 2006 at 1:17 pm
The first came a few years ago. Then another showed up a few weeks later.
The frequency increased gradually and this past month I must have received at least 15. I didn’t answer any of them but was tempted to several times.
|Blocking offshore leases may get attention
February 09, 2006 at 12:12 pm
Gov. Kathleen Blanco is getting aggressive in her efforts to attract more federal government financial support in our efforts to rebound after Hurricane Katrina. Now she has threatened to block the sale of offshore oil leases off the coast of Louisiana in August if we don’t get a larger share of the revenue.
With 123 teams cooking jambalaya or gumbo, United Way of St. Charles kicked off its...
Nick Cutter’s The Troop is exactly what it says on the front cover: a book of terror....
The Destrehan Wildcats played one of their most complete games of the season in a...
Two of Hahnville’s six touchdowns came from the defense, leading the Tigers to a...
• No. 2 Wildcats will rely on defense, run game to tighten grip on district’s top spot
• Hahnville defense faces tough task against high-scoring East St. John
• Hahnville offense rallies in hard-fought victory over Terrebonne
• Matthews powers No. 2 Destrehan past Thibodaux
• Hahnville needs offense to get back on track against Terrebonne
Ghosts invade nature trail on haunted hike - 814 views
The ghosts of Native Americans, French explorers and pirates will inhabit Norco’s Wetland Watcher Park on Saturday, transforming the serene nature trail into an eerie walk through history.
Calendar of events