Experts agree that when you learn a new word, your world becomes a bigger and more interesting place.
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Letís go!1. Hiatus: a) pause b) indulgence c) continuation
2. Innuendo: a) direct statement b) unspoiled c) insinuation
3. Intercede: a) wearied b) intervene c) happily
4. Jaded: a) uncloyed b) surfeited c) pretense
5. Lurid: a) gruesome b) pleasant c) placid
6. Meritorious: a) laudable b) reprehensible c) product
7. Petulant: a) serene b) perk c) irritable