The kitchen at Sailfish Food and Spirits restaurant in Luling was destroyed and the inside of the building suffered heavy smoke damage in a fire late Thursday night.
Luling Fire Chief Craig Petit said early indications are that an electrical fire was responsible for the damage, though a final determination will be made by the insurance company handling the case.
There appears to be limited damage to the outside of the restaurant.
The fire started a little before 11 p.m. on Thursday and burned for about 30 minutes before firefighters got the call and arrived on the scene. Petit said that the fire alarm for the restaurant was not set to alert responders, but only made a loud noise.
People staying at a nearby hotel called emergency responders after hearing the alarm.
“The fire had burned for a while before we got the call. By the time we got there the fire was small. It didn’t take long for us to put it out,” Petit said.
Along with the Luling Volunteer Fire Department, the Paradis Volunteer Fire Department also responded to put out the flames.