St. Charles Herald Guide

Print

Close Window

Norco robbery investigation continues
Sheriff reports that incident may have transpired differently
By Heather R. Breaux -   Sep 07, 2006

On Aug. 28, the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office reported that they are still pursuing the investigation regarding a 30-year-old Norco woman who said that she was attacked by an unknown man while attempting to retrieve belongings out of her vehicle.

As previously reported, at 4 a.m. on Aug. 16 in the 100 block of Barreca, the woman went out to her vehicle to get her laptop. As she preceded to go back into her residence, she heard a bicycle approaching. As she turned around, a man grabbed her by the arm and began to struggle with her in an effort to take the laptop.
The victim reported that she began screaming and said that the attacker struck her and fled the scene.

As a result of the victim’s report, Sheriff Champagne issued a warning to all citizens residing in the Norco area to be cautious of this unknown perpetrator and classified the isolated incident as a crime of opportunity.

According to the sheriff’s office, the victim is no longer cooperating with officials, and the initial investigation has revealed that the incident did not occur as originally described.

Although the sheriff reports that residents of Norco do not have to fear such a perpetrator, he suggests that people still use caution when leaving their homes in the early morning hours.

For more information on this incident, the sheriff may be contacted at 783-6237.

Read More Stories at HeraldGuide.com!