Staff Report -
July 06, 2006
• Coty Foreman, 24, of 2403 N. Central St., Lutcher, was arrested and charged with attempted manslaughter, violation of protective order at Nelson Coleman Correctional Center on June 28. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a warrant that was issued on June 28, 2006 for the above charges. On June 27, the above subject allegedly fired one shot at his ex-wife’s boyfriend’s vehicle. Foreman allegedly followed the victim after watching him stop and talk to his ex-wife. As the victim was driving away, Foreman allegedly shot at his vehicle striking his rear door. No one was injured during the incident. Foreman was later apprehended by police.
• Rendy D. Austin, 18, of 141 Adams St., Killona, was arrested and charged with carnal knowledge at LA. Hwy. 18 @ Bradwall St., Luling, on June 28. Sheriff Greg Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a warrant that was issued on Nov. 23, 2005 for carnal knowledge of a juvenile. In Nov. 2005, the above subject allegedly had sexual intercourse with a 14 year-old juvenile.
•Shane Helds, 26, of 126 Ormond Village, Destrehan, was arrested and charged with pornography involving a juvenile at Nelson Correctional Center on June 23. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on two warrants for a total of 23 counts of pornography involving juveniles. In March of 2006, Helds contacted his ex-girlfriend numerous times by phone and by text messaging requesting some of his personal items, specifically his computer and porn. Upon the ex-girlfriend removing the items she discovered a hiding place where several porn DVD’s and CD’s were stored. After reviewing one of the DVD’s she realized that the DVD’s and CD’s contained children engaging in sexual acts with adult males and children engaging in sexual acts alone; at which time she immediately notified the Sheriff’s office. After an investigation, Helds was arrested and booked.
• Rendy Austin, 18, of 141 Adams St., Killona, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. cocaine, driver must be licensed and seat belt use at LA Hwy. 18 @ Bradwell St., Luling, on June 28. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for not wearing a seat belt. Further investigation revealed the subject to be wanted and in poss. of cocaine.
• Michael J. Cedatol, 38, of 907 School St., Lockport, was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation, operating a vehicle while having a suspended license at U.S. 90, Paradis, on June 29.
• A Smith & Wesson 38 special firearm, total value $450, was reported stolen from 106 Ellen St., Ama, on June 28.