Teacher Appreciation Salad - we’ve got the SECRET RECIPE!
By Colette Lottinger - May 31, 2007
A delicious veggie salad was served at the A. A. Songy Teacher Appreciation luncheon at the school in Luling by Amy Brezinsky, secretary, and Leslie Cambre, treasurer, of the Songy PTA.
Here how’s to make it yourself at home, complete with dressing and garnish of Nasturtium flowers.Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tender green onion bunches
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup olive salad mix
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseSauce
1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing. Garnish with Nasturtium flowersMethod
1. Chop broccoli and cauliflower in small pieces
2. Dunk pieces into boiling water for about 1/2 minute to gain pretty color
3. Cool quickly with ice water
5. Boil eggs by placing them in a pot of water; bringing water to a boil,
covering, turning off heat and letting sit for 20 minutes.
6. Place olive salad in a food processor and chop more finely.
7. Finely slice green onions
9. Grate Parmesan cheese ( I do mine in a blender)
10. Peel and chop boiled eggs
11. Combine above ingredients in a salad bowl.
12. Combine Mayonnaise and Italian Dressing and toss with salad
13. Refrigerate and let sit about 8 hours.
14. Serve in salad bowl and place Nasturtium flowers on top
Note: the flowers have different tastes according to the colors.
|heraldguide.com is a supplement to St. Charles Herald Guide.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 St. Charles Herald Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.