Road trip travel tips
From staff and wire reports - May 17, 2007
Are we there yet? Those four little words can fast become the bane of any family road trip.
Here are some family road tripping tips from fellow travelers:
• Don't just plan for your destination - plan the trip, too. Kids can get antsy very easily. Before hitting the road, find rest stops, restaurants, or parks along your route. Find some neat sites to see along the way, as well.
• Stretching, exercise and bathroom breaks can keep everyone in shape for the drive. Take time to stretch outside of the car with your kids, but make sure you're in a safe place.
• Limit sweets. Keep candy and soda away from your kids, it just makes them hyper.
• Keep everyone busy with fun car activities. Some children will curl up and devour a book during a trip, but many can't read because of carsickness or age.
• Bring along a goodie bag filled with little presents like small puzzles, packages of nuts, window stickers, and small toys. When the kids start getting bored, pick out a little present for each.
|heraldguide.com is a supplement to St. Charles Herald Guide.
Copyright © 2001 - 2017 St. Charles Herald Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.