Fire destroys 51 Willowdale golf carts
By M. Susanne Hinkle - Mar 16, 2006
On Sunday evening, March 12, the golf cart barn at Willowdale Country Club burst into flames around 6:30 p. m. A neighbor of the club spotted the fire and called 911. The fire department responded and quickly gained control of the blaze. According to officials at Willowdale, the cause of the fire may have been electrical.
The golf cart barn houses more than 51 golf carts, valued at $3,000 each. Each cart runs on an electrical charge and has to be plugged into a large outlet beam that runs the span of the building. Personnel at the country club believe this could have contributed to the fire.
|heraldguide.com is a supplement to St. Charles Herald Guide.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 St. Charles Herald Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.