Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Megan Waters - Apr 19, 2007
Experts agree that when you learn a new word, your world becomes a bigger and more interesting place.
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Letís go!1. Ingratiate: a) Alienate b) Mortify c) Acceptance
2. Interloper: a) Agianst b) Meddler c) Grant
3. Intrinsic: a)Immanent b) External c) Outward
4. Inveigh: a) Rail b) Acclaim c) Glorify5. Lassitude: a) Energy b) Fatigue c) Animation
6. Millennium: a) Doomsday b) Judgement c) Chiliad
7. Occult: a) Mundane b) Esoteric c) Public
|heraldguide.com is a supplement to St. Charles Herald Guide.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 St. Charles Herald Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.