Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
By Megan Waters - Apr 12, 2007
Experts agree that when you learn a new word, your world becomes a bigger and more interesting place.
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Letís go!1. Aplomb: a) confusion b) unadorned c) composure
2. Bombastic: a) inflated b) simple c) aggravated
3. Callow: a) mature b) raw c) perpendicularity
4. Drivel: a) balderdash b) feathers c) polished
5. Epitome: a) defeated b) sportsmanship c) model
6. Exhort: a) discourage b) alienate c) entreat
7. Infringe: a) encroach b) speech c) trespasser
|heraldguide.com is a supplement to St. Charles Herald Guide.
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 St. Charles Herald Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.