St. Charles Herald Guide

Print

Close Window

St. Charles Parish Women’s club honors locals for Making a Difference”

From staff and wire reports -   Jul 04, 2013

SCWC Officers: Left to Right:  Anne Haydel, Carmen Johnson, Choyer Parker, Betty Claudet and Linda Lowery. Not Pictured: Patty Picard.
SCWC Officers: Left to Right: Anne Haydel, Carmen Johnson, Choyer Parker, Betty Claudet and Linda Lowery. Not Pictured: Patty Picard.

The St. Charles Women's Club recently held its annual Disbursement program at the Satellite Center in Luling. Over $21,000 dollars was given to provide resources and financial support for scholarships, local charities and service organizations to residents of St. Charles Parish.

The following organizations were recipients of the 2012-13 club efforts; The Arc of St. Charles, St. Charles Museum & Historical Association, St. Charles Art Guild, St. Charles Humane Society, St. Vincent de Paul Society SCB, Chorus of River Parishes, Mt. Zion Baptist Church - Ama, Catholic Charities of St. Charles, St. Charles Social Concerns, St. Charles United Methodist Church, Pink Ladies Volunteers, Creative Family Solutions and River Road Historical Society. The following students received scholarships to assist them in achieving their educational goals; $1000 Academic Scholarships went to; Ryan Terrebone of Destrehan High School, Courtney Bergeron, Kaci Cavenave, Katherine Hymel, Jacques Petit of Hahnville High School and Robert "Max" Guidry and Christoper Stevens of Jesuit High School. Cole Dufrene of Hahnville High School was awarded a $500 Vocational Scholarship.

During the program the SCWC 2013-14 Club Officers were sworn in. The Officers are, President, Choyer Parker; 1st V.P. of Programs, Carmen Johnson; 2nd V.P. of Membership, Anne Haydel; Recording Secretary, Betty Claudet; Corresponding Secretary, Linda Lowery and Treasurer, Patty Picard.

The St. Charles Women's Club has been in existence since 1966. The club in a non-profit and social organization of concerned, dedicated women whose purpose is to unite the women of St. Charles Parish in service.

Read More Stories at HeraldGuide.com!