Registrar releases election schedule
Our View - Jun 14, 2012
Itís an important election year, which comes to a climax in November and December. And it is hopeful that local residents will start getting prepared well in advance.
Of course the campaigning has been underway for some time in the race for President. Many residents have already decided who they will vote for and others are on their way to making a decision.
We will also have an important election for a congressman in St. Charles Parish since there will probably be two incumbent candidates on the ballot competing for one seat in Congress. This is due to the reduction of congressional districts in Louisiana which leaves two of the present incumbents in the same district - ours.
Registrar of Voters Brian Champagne has provided the following schedule so voters can plan ahead for the upcoming elections:
Congressional/Presidential Election on Nov. 6
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Sept. 7 and Nov. 2 and turned in by Nov. 5 by those who wish to vote absentee.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 8.
• Early voting at East and West bank offices in the parish can be done from Oct. 23-27 and 29-30 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Congressional/Open General Election on Dec. 1
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Oct. 2 and Nov. 27 and turned in by Nov. 30.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 31.
• Early voting at east and west bank offices can be done Nov. 17 and 19-24 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Dec. 1 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The west bank office is located in the St. Charles Parish Court House at 15045 River Rd. in Hahnville and the east bank office at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Further information is available by calling (985) 783-5120.
|heraldguide.com is a supplement to St. Charles Herald Guide.
Copyright © 2001 - 2016 St. Charles Herald Guide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please contact our WebMaster if you experience problems with the website.