Luling man gets 7 years for child porn

Anonymous tip led police to search computer

Michelle Stuckey
September 23, 2011 at 9:39 am  | Mobile Reader | Pring this storyPrint 

A Luling man charged with seven counts of pornography with juveniles pleaded guilty last week.

Daniel A. Kinder, 33, was sentenced to seven years with the Department of Corrections for each count to run concurrently, which means he will serve all sentences simultaneously, at hard labor.

He will be in jail for a total of seven years.

He will not be eligible for probation, parole or suspension of the sentence, but he was given credit for the 120 days he has already served. He will also have to register as a sex offender upon his release.

Kinder was arrested in May when authorities said they searched his home after receiving an anonymous tip and found several lewd photographs of young girls on his computer.

Kinder was first charged with video voyeurism after authorities said he took photos of women and young girls at several different locations around the area and zoomed in on specific parts of their bodies.

Kinder originally pleaded not guilty to the juvenile pornography charge. In July, Kinder and his attorney, Deanne Sirmon, filed a motion to suppress all physical evidence and all statements or confessions related to the case. The motion claimed that items, such as a digital camera, external hard drive and photographs, were obtained through invalid search and seizure involving improper consent. It further alleged that statements made to the police by Kinder involving the case were made while Kinder was under duress because police officers threatened harm to his family's well-being.

Kinder had no prior criminal record and had never been interrogated by law enforcement before, according to the motion.




View other articles written Michelle Stuckey

featured merchant

Landry's Outboard Motors & Repairs Service
Landry's Outboard Motors & Repairs Service Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.

Sportsman Show returns to Superdome
Sportsman Show returns to Superdome
- 1010 views
The Louisiana Sportsman Show, the oldest and largest outdoor show in the state, is returning to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans this weekend, July 21 - 23, following a 12-year hiatus after Hurricane Katrina.

Become A Herald-Guide Insider

Get breaking news, sports and lifestyles straight to your inbox