Paradis woman dies from severe burns sustained in house fire
Authorities believe gas vapor explosion led to blaze
Christine Loupe was severely burned during a fire at this Paradis home. She died three days later. Investigators believe that a gas vapor explosion from natural gas that was dispensed from piping within the kitchen triggered the fire.
The Paradis Volunteer Fire Department responded to an emergency call on Aug. 18 at about 5:14 p.m. at 115 Robert Street. When they arrived, they found an older wood frame home engulfed in flames. Responders also located the injured body of the owner, Christine Loupe, outside the home.
Loupe had severe burns as a result of the fire and was transported to Baton Rouge General Mid-City for specialized burn care.
On Aug. 21, Loupe was pronounced dead from respiratory failure as a result of her injuries.
The Louisiana State Fire Marshal and the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office have joined together to determine the cause of the fire. At this time, investigators believe that a gas vapor explosion from natural gas that was dispensed from piping within the kitchen triggered the fire.
The home did not have working smoke detectors, but authorities don’t believe that Loupe was sleeping at the time of the fire.
It took firemen 30 minutes to get the blaze under control.
Testing and interviews are still being conducted, Browning said.
With a roller coaster ride of a game tied at 28 with 10 seconds left, and the eyes...
St. Charles Parish police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man charged...
ITT Technical Institute's closing had student Zina Richards calling the VA suicide...
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff's...
"I am no longer keeping your secrets. I am no longer going to be one of your...
Diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 7, Kacey Marse knows how important the family...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
St. Charles Parish Animal Shelter hosting Give-A-Lick program - 575 views
The St. Charles Parish Animal Shelter is hosting the Give-A-Lick program to invite visitors to tour and volunteer to give pets a break from the shelter.