Letter to the Editor
To the editor:
On Thursday, July 8, our casino bus caught fire as we came off the Luling bridge exit ramp.
Our bus driver moved over to the side of the road, and we were told to get off the bus right away. We want to say “thank you” to our driver who remained calm and helped us to get off the bus quickly and safely.
We also want to say “thank you, thank you, thank you” to the many emergency responders who came so swiftly to help us.
They were from the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, the St. Charles Parish Emergency Medical Center (EMTs) and the fire departments from Luling, Paradis and Hahnville.
You guys and gals were tremendously helpful with water, fans, chairs and canopies, and your smiles and calming and reassuring personalities.
Thank you, thank you, thank you again for all your help and God bless each and every one of you.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Destrehan’s football season came to an end Saturday night with a 23-7 loss to...
The Destrehan Lady Cats throttled H.L. Bourgeois and knocked off East St. John to...
New fitness stations that will include bench presses, leg presses, elliptical...
Donated toys and clothes are pouring in for a Montz family whose home was destroyed...
A St. Rose woman accused of poisoning her husband’s drink will avoid jail after the...
The St. Charles Parish Toy Drive delivered a day of games, food, toys and plenty of...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Montz family loses everything in fire - 2647 views
Donated toys and clothes are pouring in for a Montz family whose home was destroyed in a fire on Saturday.