Summertime lemonade offers kids life lessons
From creating posters to setting up the lemonade stand to squeezing the lemons, kids will get to see firsthand how their hard work can pay off. An even better way to add more meaning to their lemonade sale is by donating some of the proceeds to a local charity that’s close to their heart.
To get your family started, Sunkist offers families fresh lemonade recipes and advice on running a successful lemonade stand for charity through their “Take a Stand” program. And while supplies last, Sunkist is giving away free lemonade stands. To qualify, kids must be ages 7 to 12 and must pledge to “Take a Stand” for a charity of their choice. More information is at www.sunkist.com/takeastand.
And if you’re not lucky enough to be among the first to get a free lemonade stand, don’t be disappointed. Remember, it’s about the spirit of the sale and giving back to the community. And it’s just as easy to set up and decorate a good, sturdy card table and it’ll be more fun to paint your own signs.
A few tips to squeeze the most out of your lemonade sales include:
• Research local charities and let the little one choose a charity close to his or her heart.
• Set your stand up in your front yard or in an area where there is lots of foot traffic.
• Have plenty of ice on hand in an insulated cooler. Use a ladle or tongs to serve the ice.
• Cover the lemonade and ice cubes between servings to keep bugs and dirt out.
• Provide a covered trash container to keep your area clutter-free.
• Post flyers around the neighborhood to get the word out.
• Get attention by decorating your stand with brightly colored balloons and streamers
• Be polite and cheerful. Smile at your customers and always thank them for stopping by, even if they don't buy anything.
• And lastly, be sure to have fun!
When Hahnville High School gets to taste Satellite Center student Tyler Becnel’s...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office is investigating the shooting death of a...
Driving from U.S. Highway 90 onto the I-310 ramp in Luling has been challenging...
Having been to Hawaii, Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls and even Alaska, it's no...
Sam Steib is on a mission, and to hear him speak is to believe he will not be...
The Destrehan-Hahnville rivalry always seems to bring the best out of the players...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
DHS alum determined to overcome spinal injuries - 8586 views
Sam Steib is on a mission, and to hear him speak is to believe he will not be denied.