Summertime lemonade offers kids life lessons
From creating posters to setting up the lemonade stand to squeezing the lemons, kids will get to see firsthand how their hard work can pay off. An even better way to add more meaning to their lemonade sale is by donating some of the proceeds to a local charity that’s close to their heart.
To get your family started, Sunkist offers families fresh lemonade recipes and advice on running a successful lemonade stand for charity through their “Take a Stand” program. And while supplies last, Sunkist is giving away free lemonade stands. To qualify, kids must be ages 7 to 12 and must pledge to “Take a Stand” for a charity of their choice. More information is at www.sunkist.com/takeastand.
And if you’re not lucky enough to be among the first to get a free lemonade stand, don’t be disappointed. Remember, it’s about the spirit of the sale and giving back to the community. And it’s just as easy to set up and decorate a good, sturdy card table and it’ll be more fun to paint your own signs.
A few tips to squeeze the most out of your lemonade sales include:
• Research local charities and let the little one choose a charity close to his or her heart.
• Set your stand up in your front yard or in an area where there is lots of foot traffic.
• Have plenty of ice on hand in an insulated cooler. Use a ladle or tongs to serve the ice.
• Cover the lemonade and ice cubes between servings to keep bugs and dirt out.
• Provide a covered trash container to keep your area clutter-free.
• Post flyers around the neighborhood to get the word out.
• Get attention by decorating your stand with brightly colored balloons and streamers
• Be polite and cheerful. Smile at your customers and always thank them for stopping by, even if they don't buy anything.
• And lastly, be sure to have fun!
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Lutcher coach Tim Detillier is fond of saying “they should collect the money on the...
Festival of Charities crowned new royalty on Aug. 9 in Destrehan at the American...
When it comes to insurance, the catastrophe can linger long after the devastation...
At age 12, Terry Gaulter’s “eyes opened to the world” when she laid hands on a...
The goal is to put a duck call (pink or camo) and a fishing pole – anything that’s...
John Paul Devillier, who initially plead innocent, has changed his plea to not...
At Saia Auto Consultants, our ultimate goal is to get you the highest quality vehicle for your money.
‘Canes take home trophy at USSSA World Series - 526 views
The 10U LA Hurricanes softball team, based out of St. Charles Parish, recently traveled to Orlando, Fla. to play in the 10U USSSA World Series at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.