Summertime lemonade offers kids life lessons
From creating posters to setting up the lemonade stand to squeezing the lemons, kids will get to see firsthand how their hard work can pay off. An even better way to add more meaning to their lemonade sale is by donating some of the proceeds to a local charity that’s close to their heart.
To get your family started, Sunkist offers families fresh lemonade recipes and advice on running a successful lemonade stand for charity through their “Take a Stand” program. And while supplies last, Sunkist is giving away free lemonade stands. To qualify, kids must be ages 7 to 12 and must pledge to “Take a Stand” for a charity of their choice. More information is at www.sunkist.com/takeastand.
And if you’re not lucky enough to be among the first to get a free lemonade stand, don’t be disappointed. Remember, it’s about the spirit of the sale and giving back to the community. And it’s just as easy to set up and decorate a good, sturdy card table and it’ll be more fun to paint your own signs.
A few tips to squeeze the most out of your lemonade sales include:
• Research local charities and let the little one choose a charity close to his or her heart.
• Set your stand up in your front yard or in an area where there is lots of foot traffic.
• Have plenty of ice on hand in an insulated cooler. Use a ladle or tongs to serve the ice.
• Cover the lemonade and ice cubes between servings to keep bugs and dirt out.
• Provide a covered trash container to keep your area clutter-free.
• Post flyers around the neighborhood to get the word out.
• Get attention by decorating your stand with brightly colored balloons and streamers
• Be polite and cheerful. Smile at your customers and always thank them for stopping by, even if they don't buy anything.
• And lastly, be sure to have fun!
Katie Beuttner has always loved the water....
John Paul Devillier, who was found guilty of the attempted first-degree murder of...
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
Recognized as an educator who inspires students toward conservation and the...
The recent incident involving three men stranded on I-10 who were robbed and one...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Parish focusing on flood insurance rates - 1415 views
With flood insurance rates due to expire in June, St. Charles Parish officials are working with the area’s Congressional delegation and toward finding discounts that can buffer residents from a major premium hit.