Destrehan High School Scholarship Recipients
They included the following scholarships:
1. Norco Lion's Club Scholarship - $1,000- Gerlene Robinson
2. St. Charles Women's Club Scholarships - $1,000 - Courtney Rome, Macy Terrebonne, Melanie Vidrine
3. DREAM Scholarship - $1,000 - Arielle Brown
4. Sam & Ruth Vitrano Memorial Scholarshp - $1,000 - Sara Rodriguez
5. St. Charles Parish Business Association Scholarship - $1,500 - Anthony Lane
6. Thelma W. Jones Culinary Scholarships - $1,000 - Carmella Benfatti & Ciara Hooper
7. River Parishes Industrial Consortium P-Tech Scholarships - $3,000 - Blake Duvic, Reidell Jacobson, J'Lynn Perry
8. Rotary Club of St. Charles Parish Scholarships - 4 college scholarships-$4,000 - Arielle Brown, Destiny Garcia, Courtney Rome, Melanie Vidrine; 1 tech scholarship-$1,000 - Joseph Boudreaux
9. St. Matthew Baptist Church Scholarship - $1,000 - Christy Davis
10. Motiva Enterprises Scholarships - $3,000 - Garrick Ranck, Sara Rodriguez, Maci Walsh
11. DHS Athletic Alumni Scholarship - Kyron King
12. American Legion Scholarships - $500 - Arielle Brown, Jadon Scott
13. DHS Alumni Scholarships - $1,000 - Devin Haydel, Gregory Jackson
14. Harry Hurst Award - Sara Rodriguez
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A man who is believed to have attempted to kidnap a 17-year-old girl from a Boutte...
The Rotary Club of St. Charles Parish recently held their “People of the Year”...
A suspect in the December 2012 murder of Norco resident Jay Bertucci was...
A bill that would allow teachers and school administrators with concealed carry...
On a recent trip to Lake Cataouatche and the Salvador Management Area, Chris Loupe...
St. Charles Parish Public Schools has been named one of the top school districts in...
Majoria's Supermarket in Boutte has a butcher shop, large liquor, beer and wine department and deli. The fresh vegetable fruit and handmade sandwich trays are traditional fare at family gatherings.
Hahnville grad led monks to victory in coffin lawsuit - 979 views
When the monks at St. Joseph Abbey began crafting cypress coffins in 2007, they did not know that the practice would cause a state association to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to rule against their ability to engage in the craft.